Retro Flower Quilt
by Jane Savage
I started this quilt when my husband and I decided to try to have a baby. I called it the future potential baby quilt.
I had three pieces of red, black, and cream fabric that I had been holding onto for a few years. So to round out the project I went to a local fabric store and pick out some other retro/floral prints. My goal was to create something that didn't scream baby but was still playful. I also wanted to make something gender neutral. Originally this was supposed to be a simple nine square quilt, but in a hurry I cut all my squares ½ an inch too small. I came up with this design to compensate for my mistake.
I would label myself as a self-taught beginning sewer. This is my third quilt and it was all machine quilted. I would guess that this quilt took me about six weeks to complete, since I was working full time and in Graduate School when I started it. I am pleased to say that this future potential baby quilt will be of use soon, and I am expecting a baby in April!