Easy DIY Puzzle Blocks for boys and girls
Wooden Puzzle Blocks
What you'll need:
*Wooden Blocks 4 x 4 cm(Sand the edges with sand paper). You could paint the cubes if you wish
*An image for your puzzle (print it off the web or use a personal photograph!
*Clear Varnish (polyeurethane)
How to do them:
1. According to your block's size, mark on the picture with a pencil where the blocks would go
2. Cut your picture into squares and glue to the wooden blocks. I applied glue to both the blocks and the back of the paper. Press with the flat palm of your hand to ensure there are no bubbles.
3. Trim off any excess with the scissors if needed. Don't worry, the puzzle will still look great!
4. Now apply the glue on top of each picture. If you are using images printed on an ink-ket printer, you have to be very careful here so it doesn't smudge the colours. If this is your case, apply the glue gently and avoid going over the image too much. This is why it is important to ensure there are no bubbles before you do this part! You don't want to mess about with the images when the're wet.
5. Repeat with all the blocks and let them dry.
6. Once they are completely dry, you can also add a coat of clear varnish (polyurethane)
7. You can add another image to the back of the blocks or even cover all the surfaces of the blocks. Wait until the blocks are dry on one side and repeat the same process as before.